Monday, September 26, 2011

Banana Bread

My bananas are fully ripe, which sounds so much nicer than they actually appear, so it's time to make some banana bread!


The tried and true banana bread recipe I use originated from Better Homes and Gardens New Dieter Cookbook.

I recently started to modify this banana bread recipe. I like to add 3/4 a cup of blueberries {I've used 3/4 a cup of dried cranberries instead of blueberries and that is equally as yummy}. I also like to add the juice of half a lemon to provide a brighter flavor.


In the past I had prepared my loaf pan with Pam non stick spray, but now I butter my pan and...


coat it with powdered sugar {I see the irony, since I am using a dieter's recipe and adding things that are obviously not low cal}. When I make brownies or chocolate cake, I butter my pan and coat it with cocoa powder.


Then, in goes my banana bread batter and the waiting begins.


45 minutes later, golden and delicious, my banana bread is ready. For a family of only 3, you'd be surprised how quickly this disappears!



I love when the house smells like banana bread. It's one of the rare June Clever moments I have in life.

2 comments:

  1. MMMMM... This looks soooo yummy!! Thanks for an awesome recipe!!! Have a wonderful week! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your feedback, Sara. You brightened this cold and rainy day for me. Have a wonderful week as well.

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...